Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Willis, Hazel, and Patsy Powell

Sister Helen had me look for a photo of my 1951 Pontiac, my first car.  I did not have any luck, but somewhere I have a photo of it.  I found this picture of Sister Patsy and our parents.  It is probably spring 1939.  They are sitting on a rock wall which borders the yard of the Old Richard Powell place at Carrollton.  Dad was buying the place.  I think Aunt Tea was owner financing it to him.  He stayed here and farmed until he went to the shipyards to work during World War II.
Talked to Sister Fleta about the picture I found of Mom, Dad and Patsy.  She said it was taken in the Parker community.  Patsy told me about this place being the first place she lived.  I could not find the post Sister Patsy made about living here.  I think she said she was born there.  Anyhow, Fleta said there were other copies of my picture that showed more of the image.  I found this one on Patsy's page but I think Fleta posted it after she passed.  Fleta thinks Daddy raised hogs and a crop here.  I can't remember anything but that Richard later lived on the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment