Friday, November 27, 2015

Yipes, Spikes!

I have a new DNA match with Randy Spikes.  These are his parents.  The match to Buster is extremely high.  It says 4th to 6th cousin.  I don't think it even hit with me.  Randy has a small tree at Ancestry.  Most folks don't even have ANY tree so it is really hard to figure out how you are related.  Buster helps me figure out which side of the family the person hits on.  If we both match, I know it is not from Mom's side of my DNA.

I figured this one out.  I am going to give Fleta the hints and see if she can get it.  Bonnie M. is Robbie Marvin Weir.  She was born in Erath, TX.  Her Grandmother was Elizabeth L. Culwell.  That is about all I had Fleta.  Except I knew it was pretty far back not to hit on my DNA.

I will put the link in the comments.

2 comments:

  1. Thomas Walton Powell was Elizabeth Leah Powell's father. She married a Culwell. Her descendants still live in Erath, TX!

    ReplyDelete