Monday, August 15, 2016

Bonnie Marie Still Harris

 I find joy in solving any puzzle.  I do the crossword in the paper almost everyday.  I look for lost ancestors daily.  I search for dead relatives of others.  I helped a sweet girl in Texas who was adopted in 1960 find her mother with ancestry DNA.  Well, today, I have a new match Jimmie Lee Harris.  A male born in 1941 in OK.  The only clue in the DNA file was Jimmie Harris.  When I looked at shared matches, I knew our connection was through Willis Powell.  Only took me about 5 minutes to figure out that Jimmie is the son of Bonnie Marie Still.
Jimmie Lee Harris
Bonnie Marie Still
Myrtle Powell
Richard Powell Betty Cooper

Me
Willis Powell
Robert Melton Powell
Richard Powell Betty Cooper
At Find A Grave (one of the few great genealogy sites still free and kicking), I found Jimmie's fathers obituary.  Bonnie did not have one at her grave. It validated who Jimmie was.  Then...when I looked into my tree, bam, I already had him in there.  Jimmie has added no tree to his DNA data.  Another counsin found!
James Wesley Harris
Birth: Nov. 10, 1912
Bluejacket
Craig County
Oklahoma, USA
Death: Sep. 28, 1988
Bartlesville
Washington County
Oklahoma, USA

Obituary and Life History

James Wesley Harris, 75, died Sept. 28 at this home, R.R. 4, Bartlesville.
Harris was a retiree of Washington County Butane-Propane Company and Lincoln Life Insurance Company; he grew up in Alluwe and graduated from Nowata High School in 1930. He had worked in the oil fields in the Nowata area.
Funeral services were held Sept. 30 in the chapel of Arnold Moore Funeral Services, Bartlesville.
Interment was in the Memorial Park under the direction of Arnold Moore Funeral Service.
Survivors include his wife, Mrs. Bonnie Marie (Still) Harris of the home; three daughters, Mrs. Tom J. (Norma Jean) Standeford, Topeka, Kan., Miss Janet K. (Harris) Reese; and Mrs. Dean Jerrold (Judith Ann) Marshall, both of rural Bartlesville.
Also, two sons: Jimmie Lee Harris, Albuquerque, N.M., Jerry Wayne Harris, rural Bartlesville; 10 grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
He is preceded in death by two brothers and one sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment