Saturday, October 8, 2016

Hazel Gaddy

 Robert Thompson contacted me offering to share his Grandmother Betty Blevins Cody's photos with me.  On the DVD he also had a file of his mother's old picture and this picture of Momma was in the bunch.  Virgie Cody was about 3 years older than Mom, but they attended Denver School together.  Below is a picture of Momma at about the same time.  I only had a small copy of the big photo and when I cut just Momma out it did not turn out great, but you can see it is the same beautiful girl.  I would guess that these were taken in 1935 or 1936, but it could have been a year earlier.

I strongly believe we should share all our documents, family trees and photos.  Selfish people try to keep their candle under a basket.  How foolish!  We should share what we find freely.  I have received permission from Sister Fleta to share the old pictures from Betty Blevins Cody's cedar chest.  Most are not our kinfolk, but they are someone's and maybe they will find them at this Blog.  At least that is our wish!
This photo of Momma was taken in fall or winter 1936 on the steps of the Denver School.

No comments:

Post a Comment