Friday, August 20, 2021

Meet Me at Alpena

Helen should have chose theater for her career.  When I go next weekend, we will go to the Alpena Cemetery.  Each time we lose a sibling, we return to our parents and take a photo.   There will only be three this time.  We never know how long we have to share with our loved ones.  When we snap the photo, Helen says will you please "smile".   Fleta and I are solemn folks.  It's hard to smile when you are at a graveyard.   I know Baby Brother is in a better place, but I am here and I wish he were too.  Sister Helen has developed asthma just like my brother Richard did.   Some days are not good and yesterday was one of those.  I told her to please do the breathing treatments.  She laughs and I know she is smiling.   I will be better when I can visit the home place.

This was when Sister Patsy passed.

 



Gilbert and I are photo bombing Helen’s picture.  I’m trying to tell Julie Ann about all the dead people.

No comments:

Post a Comment