Saturday, June 24, 2023

Sister Patsy's Words, May 3, 2006

 


Patsy in the middle between Fleta and Betty.  She has been gone 8 years.  We really miss her. I was looking at her blog and saw this post she made on her birthday in 2006.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Birthday

I am 68 years old today. A lot of people don't live that long so I am celebrating the fact that I have managed to live 68 years.My body has grown old but my spirit is still young.
I look back across the years and remember my mother and father and the way they cared for us as children and I would wish that everyone could have parents like I had. I am grateful for my 6 brothers and sisters and our connection by birth.
I think of my children and their children and know when I go to my reward they will be proof that I walked this earth.
In my life I went from riding in a horse drawn wagon to flying in a jet. I have seen so many new things come to market since I was a girl.The first radio daddy bought was powered by batteries. Now I watch TV and a satellite brings the picture to me.I remember when the only light we had at night was a coal oil lamp and now my yard at night is as bright as day because of a light on a pole in my yard.
Now I am just spending time until my life is over and I look forward to getting some answers to thing I have wondered about most of my life. Come to think about it 10 years ago I would never have believed that I could set in my room and type on a key board and some one on the other side of the world could read over my shoulder. Amazing are the changes that I have seen with my eyes. Who knows the wonders that I will behold in the time to come.

Patsy was always finding interesting things on the net. Many of her links have gone dead, but this one http://clairesgarden.blogspot.com/ from Scotland is still active.  



Patsy and Richard at Grandpa Powell's home.




No comments:

Post a Comment