Friday, September 8, 2023

School Group


 This School Group photo was on the disk Robert Thompson sent me some years back.  The disk had a photo of Momma I had never seen.  Robert labeled this one Green Forest High School 1952.  Well, anyone  can see it’s an entire school group.  I shared it on the Green Forest History site.  Right away several older folks said that’s before 1952.  Dress is not right for ‘52.  It has a sign which I couldn’t read.  Well a smart lady cut that out and made it big to see if it had a year.  It did not, but the sign says Denver School not Green Forest.  Then, we decided it was 1930’s.  So, in thinking it’s 1932 and Robert read what was on the back wrong.  Virgie Cody was born in 1916.  So, she’s in the photo and 1932 would be about right.  So…Momma is in this group photo.  I think I see her.  She’d be probably 10 or 11.  Sisters can you pick someone who could be our Mother?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Years later, the information is still coming from these pictures. Sincere thanks to all for your diligent interest. I see my Mother, Virgie on the bottom row 5th from the left and her brother Loyd on the top row 4th from the right.

    Robert (Cody) Thompson

    ReplyDelete