Wednesday, September 2, 2015

It's in the mail...


And we have a story.

Betty had such success with her DNA test at Ancestry, reinforcing our paper trails all the way back to Anthony Gholson, I suggested we have one of the Jesse Powell boys tested.  There is no one left in Our Melton Powell line from that generation to test.  So, Betty called Buster and he agreed to give it a go.  When Betty called him, someone else answered his phone.  He said that was his helper.  I am thinking farm helper, but Betty thinks healthcare helper. 

Betty mailed the kit to me and I received it one day last week.  Now to call Buster for the arrangements.  I call and call with no answer, but only in the middle of the day, not wanting to bother a sick man early or late in the day.  Betty is getting anxious thinking he might die before we can get his sample.  I can just see us going through the receiving line at Nelson’s, with scissors for his hair sample or clippers for his finger nails.  So, I try his daughter Sandra.  Still no answer.  After a couple of days, I got Helen involved.  She tried Buster a few times with no answer, so she messaged Sandra on Facebook.  The next day, thinking maybe Buster was in the hospital, she called Sandra. Sandra says, no he just so hard to catch. He is always out doing something.  This summer he put up 3 barns of hay by himself.  Oh, and the helper is a farm hand.

Today, I called him early, before 8, and went right on out to his house.  He looks good, but you will have to take my word for it.  I completely forgot to get his picture. 

But, I do have a picture of his DNA kit number...




2 comments:

  1. It will take 6 to 8 weeks to get the results. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betty is so glad we got to him before it was to late....and you know what I mean...LOL

    ReplyDelete